Saturday, March 29, 2008

We're All In this Together

My heart has been brought to the thought of how every time I choose to make up an excuse or get too busy with life, I am letting the Body of Christ down. I think of myself as a bone in the body. I do my purpose but people really won't know if I am there, but do know when I am broken. I need to aspire to be part of the eye or a tooth in the mouth so that I am more active and not just there.

My prayer for the Body is that we work together, even with those we don't want to, that we love as a unit and show Christ as a whole.

Just what I have been thinking about.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Just like the rest of the cells in the body, bones are constantly being renewed cell by cell so each bone is completely new every year or so. What quality the bone is depends on what it is made of, which is what you are taking in for nutrition at the time. Bones are active, becoming stronger like muscles when they are broken down by stress and exercise. You would do well to be a bone, but you could be a tooth or jaw bone if you want to be a part of expression.
Leah