Monday, March 3, 2008

So, You Had a Bad Day

It is not the end of the world, but I am sick of feeling sick. As soon as I got my energy back from the surgery I got a cold and then the stomach flu and then another cold and now an ear infection. My kids have gotten it too so that makes me have to be less selfish and care for them too. Mikey is used to colds, my allergy/asthma kid so he takes it well and has had one as long as me. The girls depend on what kind - the fever seems to come with it so that is a bummer.
I am also sick of the COLD!!! It stinks that we are not going to Florida to see my folks or at least I would have that to look forward to. I wish I had money and could just fly down to see them for the weekend!
Anyway, great mood for a Monday! Someone comment and tell me to get over it!

5 comments:

Design Blog said...

Being 'down' is never fun, but there is a song that always turns my mind around in the 'up' direction...


I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, (where?)
down in my heart, (where?),
down in my heart,

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart, (where?)
down in my heart to stay.

I've got the peace that passes understanding down in my -(where?)
down in my heart, (where?),

I've got the love of Jesus,
love of Jesus, down in my heart-(where?)
down in my heart, (where?),

I've got the wonderful love of my blessed redeemer, down in my heart-(where?)
down in my heart, (where?),
down in my heart to stay.

.

Design Blog said...

I need to add....

This may be a song you learned as a child but I feel that most important part - the part that I meditate on as an adult - is the part that says:

"the peace that passes understanding"

It reminds me of one of my favorite verses from the Bible.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." ~ John 14:27

.

-V- said...

A great reminder, sojourn... I needed that today too. Thanks!

Leah said...

Also I love finding people to talk to who are positive and its a habit to speak positively to. For me its my mom. She even said 'when we talk it doesn't always have to be sunshine and happy you know' but I like it that way. We are real with each other, but we are really positive because THAT is real too.

Leah said...

Also I love finding people to talk to who are positive and its a habit to speak positively to. For me its my mom. She even said 'when we talk it doesn't always have to be sunshine and happy you know' but I like it that way. We are real with each other, but we are really positive because THAT is real too.