Friday, August 29, 2008

Papa Don't Preach

So, at orientation I walk into the JH/HS new student time and look around at all the other parents of High School students and they are all about 10 - 20 years older than me. Every time I see a parent who is my age they have a kid my 7 year olds age or younger. I feel so out of place at times. I do realize not everyone was getting pregnant as a teen, but thought that as she got older and I got older we would blend more. Not so much. I have been feeling strange with my friends who have young ones also. I am out of place and know that God has placed me where He wants me, just wish I didn't feel so out of place sometimes.

1 comment:

Megamom said...

Sometimes it is odd. REmember I have a 15 yr old too and Im the same age as you :) I just have babies too which makes it odd too. I try to think of it as a blessing, especially when I think bout how young we will be when everyone is out of the house!